~~~Thanks for reading this late night ramble.  What are
~~~your thoughts?  What do you think about a laptop
~~~iSeries/Developers Edition?  Would you buy one?

Probably not. /of course I don't have a portable.
The 400 portable I saw a few years back left me thinking, if I need an
as/400, i'll sign on the old way.

We are still missing the killer app for a portable.
IBM sells xSeries too, apparently they have decided not to try to better the
portable OS's.
Unless you consider the Linux factor.
I can't really agree about the demo over the internet.
That could be the whole point; use your computer to access my app.
See how easy it is?

What is missing? IBM should have provided and still should provide LOTS and
LOTS of resources to developers.
I should be able to telnet to a DEV network and learn how to use and employ
content manager (for example).
I don't want to have to load everything. And "we" can't pay to play.
Until things like that happen, the market will be small, and "MS Office"
will rule!

Sales professionals will happily tug the iSeries portable along if it makes
their life easier.
Their not going to do it because my favorite color is Big Blue and I think
it is a good idea.
I think that if I, a hard core iSeries person, focused solely on iSeries, my
future is less bright.
To start, I would not understand half of the new stuff or why?

Mark Villa in Charleston SC