From: midrange-nontech-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-nontech-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Dan Bale
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 1:27 PM
To: midrange-nontech@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Junk Mail Filters in Outlook... (+ MORE QUESTIONS)

Hey Chuck!  I'm tellin' ya, Outlook is demon software, don't you know?  <g>
Sorry I can't help you on the filtering.  Must be some of the MicroSoft
magic working there.  Seriously though, even if you figure out the filter
problems, will you be content to have an email client that blocks many, MANY
file types?  What a PITA!

Why not try the free, "sponsored" version of Eudora?  My limited experience
with it has been that the ads are non-intrusive, but as always, YMMV.  I use
Outlook only because of the calendaring and alert notifications, and just
make sure that everyone sends me their malicious files inside of a zip file.
If there was a free or nearly free software that had the calendar and alert
notifications that I rely on day by day, I'd drop Outlook in an instant.
Does anyone out there know of one?  THE KEY IS THAT I CAN SET AN APPOINTMENT
FOR AUGUST 3 AT 5:10 PM AND HAVE SOMETHING POPUP EITHER A DAY OR 8 HOURS OR
15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE APPOINTMENT.  I have seen many calendar apps but
they do not have this function.

- Dan

  Chuck Lewis <clewis@iquest.net> wrote: Hi Folks,

Anyone familiar with the Junk mail filters in Outlook ?

What I am wondering is how/what it uses to determine this.

I know you can click a message and designate it as junk mail. And I have
done that. But stuff is going into the Junk Mail folder that should not be
in there. I have looked at the addresses in the Junk Mail setup and don't
see how it is doing this. Does it look at the sending address or what ?

I had to give up on the Adult Junk Mail filter because it too was getting to
many wrong emails and sending them into the Adult Junk Mail filter...

Thanks !