On Monday 21 January 2002 9:39 pm, Ken Sims wrote:
> Hi Mike -
>
> >That is what I was thinking... AOL must want to hit the OS market now.
> > And since Red Hat is a relatively solid system. They can take that
> > and bloom off of that. You know if AOL did do that, I would take a
> > look at it, even if it is from AOL. Reason? It is not Microsnot
> > software.
>
> Red Hat is only one of many redistributors of Linux.
>
> My next home system will probably be Linux.  I was leaning toward the
> Red Hat distribution, but not if AOL is taking it over.
>
> Ken

Hi Ken

If you want to avoid the possibility of your chosen distro being subject
to a less than favourable buy-out, try Debian[1]. It's produced &
maintained entirely by volunteers - no commercial pressure and arguably
the best packaging system of the lot.

Regards, Martin
[1] http://www.debian.org
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net        /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /