Perhaps midrange FAQ could use a 400 version of the welcome letter to new 400
users.

Also notice the http://www.1001tutorials.com/
Perhaps we want to make sure that 400 tutorials are accessible from that site.

If nothing else, put a link on http://faq.midrange.com/ that connects to
http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00320020115jed01.htm&fromt

m=e003

Where I work, new people who need to use the 400 are hired through their
respective departments & the first that IT knows that they need access is
when their boss is asking for a password to be assigned to them & everyone's
mind is a blank with respect to what they need to have access to.

I run a mental questionairre past the supervisor that starts out
"Will they need the same access as users X Y Z?"

We really need a mechanism for identifying type of access needed, when the
boss is in a different professional area than the worker, and keep it brief.

There is also uncertainty with respect to what training would be smart to
help the new employee get up to speed on the various interfaces.