http://www.pcworld.com/features/article/0,aid,75204,00.asp
PCWorld.com = The Worst Internet Hoaxes

Do you have a "virus alert" but you not sure if it is genuine?

http://www.vmyths.com/
Truth About Computer Virus Myths & Hoaxes

Is there some appeal for you to forward something to a bunch of other people
& you not sure if this is for real or some kind of scam?

http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HBHoaxCategories.html
This is a site you may wish to book mark & wander around a bit

There are also scams that if you fall for them, it will not just be wasted
time with e-mail but huge financial hit, so perhaps you want to take a look at

http://www.scambusters.org/index.html

This place will also help you cut down on the amount of Spam you might be
getting

The PC World Article has a bunch more links ... I just shared what I thought
were the main ones.

Previously I have shared http://www.snopes2.com/
which specializes in Urban Legends related to the latest terrorist activities
which was offshoot of more generic Urban Legends http://www.snopes.com/
but there is also http://www.urbanlegends.com
and another site http://www.ulrc.com.au/
Urban Legends Research Centre: Home -- Urban Legends, Urban Myths

http://www.zdnet.com/zdtv/cybercrime/viruses/story/0,9955,2522591,00.html
collection of relevant stories

If you think you have been victimized & want to complain to the government,
cyber cops or whoever, you might check out their web sites

If you have a fire wall & want to send your log of intruders to some outfit
that will do something about all those hackers, check out
http://www.incidents.org/isw/iswp.php

http://www.ftc.gov/ US Federal Trade Commission
http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/cybercrime/index.html US Dept of Justice
http://www.ifccfbi.gov US Government Computer Crime site & also links to the