I wrote:
~> He's a typical
~> programmer... you know the joke "arguing with a programmer
~> and wrestling a
~> pig in the mud.." Yep, that's my Boris. I expect he'll spend

I hope ya'll know that I wasn't bashing programmers or anything! (I'm taking
a programming class in the spring.) I don't want to offend anyone here, and
since I'm new, I worry that what I said might not be taken as I meant it.. a
very light-hearted joke. Boris was the first programmer I ever met. It took
me a while to realize that when he's picking apart everything I say and
driving me up a wall, he was just doing what comes natural to him. (He was
often shocked that I would get angry. "What's wrong?? We just debating.." as
I've got steam coming out of my ears.) I've found that many of his
programmer friends are the same way. I hope you super-techies out there
understand. :)

Best,
Willow