I won't comment on "this and that" - I couldn't get past the first
paragraph from the first link:

>Howard Schmidt, Microsoft's chief security officer, is expected to leave
>within the next month to join the Bush administration and work with White
>House cyber-security adviser Richard Clarke, according to sources in the
>computer-security industry.

lets see....  Let's get the head of security from microsoft - the producer
of the most hacked, least secure, most porous operating system in
existance, and have him advise our government on cyber-security.

Why don't we also let the bureau of motor vehicles to handle airport
security too?   ...Oh yeah.  we already did that!

 :)