> I have missed all of the midrange.com posts since Monday night since
> I am in between jobs right now, so I have no idea how this all
> turned out, except by your $750 figure.

More like $900 now.

> Nothing in the archives yet, either.

Oops, sorry, one of the tweaks I needed to do.  Should be fixed now.

> I would just like to clarify that I *think* I never said
> that midrange.com was strapped for cash (and I suppose people could
> have jumped to that conclusion by all the telethon-type pitches that
> occurred over the past few days), but I would say that if you're
> like me David, you're not going to spend money on improvements if
> you don't have it in your midrange.com budget.

No arguments ... I just wanted to make sure people knew.

> But I would like to add that as an avid user of midrange.com,
> I would hope that the contributions would go a long way (hopefully
> all the way) towards "improving" your budget and the ideal solution
> of the hardware-based mirroring scenario.  I personally have come
> to depend on the lists, and a day without midrange.com is a day
> without sunshine. (Sorry)  Anything that would boost the uptime and
> reduce the unscheduled downtime of the lists would be a GOOD THING
> in my book.

The contributions are indeed going a long way to improve the service.

We should have some scheduled downtime this weekend after I get the
new drive configuration installed.

I really *DO* appreciate all the support folks have shown the last week.

It really makes me feel good about what I'm doing and what WE are doing
(since the mailing lists are nothing without the community, everyone who
participates must take some credit.)

david