Doug,

Looooong time...!

My Mom sometimes uses a phrase when one of us walks in the door "Now THERE'S
another country heard from" (in your case, Florida...  ROFL)

Anyway, excellent points all...

I agree the civil case doesn't prove the point, and agree a criminal murder
case is harder to win.  However, I must respectfully disagree with the
statement: "At any rate, I don't believe the civil case outcome proves the
first jury made a profound mistake, given their respective jury instructions
and the evidence or testimony of each case."  Well... actually I agree with
the statement, but left unstated a few other points:

The fact that the verdict came back with, what... 4 hours? IMHO indicted the
jurists of total incompetency.

I believed the DNA evidence.

And if the glove didn't fit, who gives a...  (I think with a little
practice, I could struggle to get my feet into Shaq's basketball shoes.)

I didn't really intend to be proclaiming OJ's guilt here, but emphasizing
the point that money talks...  and sometimes money walks...  And IMHO, he's
done a sufficient job of that already, anyway.

(BTW, Doug, are you on the USA911 list, as it would save me from
cross-posting?)

James Jay Toran (Jt)