From: midrange-nontech-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-nontech-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Alexei Pytel
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 11:50 AM
To: midrange-nontech@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Fwd: CNN using 1991 footage of Palestinians celebrating the
invas ion of Kuw...

Well, I think this news clip explains what happened:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_402920.html?menu=news.latestheadlines

I have no reasons to doubt this story.

But, of course, the word is out and nobody is going to believe CNN ever!
Including you...

    Alexei Pytel

                    "jt" <jt@ee.net>
                    Sent by:                        To:
<midrange-nontech@midrange.com>
                    midrange-nontech-admin@mi       cc:
                    drange.com                      Subject:     RE: Fwd:
CNN using 1991 footage of
                                                     Palestinians
celebrating the invas ion of Kuw...

                    09/19/2001 10:04 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-nontech

Alexei Pytel,

"Did any Palestinian leader protested, saying that Palestinians did NOT
celebrate ?"

If they didn't, maybe we should.

I will, because my Dad was a Professor of Journalism most his career.  If
this is true (and it probably is), I'm sure his ashes are turning over in
his grave...

< ===> I stand corrected, by Chuck's post, but there have been enough
journalistic lapses, for the rest of the statement to apply.>

My view is becoming:  if I don't take a stand on some of these things, who
will...  Although one person can't make any difference in the whole scheme
of things (even Hussein/bin Laden) and although it won't solve all the
problems.

< I have heard the President Bush is scheduled to make a speech tomorrow
evening.  I will first finish a letter to him, that I started this past
weekend.  In my view 'the Hour is nigh' but a better hour to announce
action
remains in the future. >

jt

All the Religious material that follows is both for anybody that wants to
read it, and in response to a private e-mail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ask and ye shall receive"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"May my mind be clear,
May I live fearlessly in the
Mind of Readiness;
May I rely on nothing but
    Emptiness."

http://www.dailyzen.com/readings/reading35.asp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened, randomly, a scripture for us:

"O believers, be you securers of
justice, witnesses for God, even though
it be against yourselves, or your parents
and kinsmen, whether the man be rich
or poor; God stands closest to either.
Then follow not caprice, so as to swerve;
for if you twist or turn, God is aware of
      the things you do."

The Koran, Women:134

And a scripture for Hussein/bin Laden:

..."And those who hurt believing men and
believing women, without that they have
earned it, have laid upon themselves calumny
       and manifest sin."
..."The people will question thee concerning
the Hour.  Say: 'The knowledge of it is only
with God; what shall make thee know?  Haply
      the Hour is nigh.'
God has cursed the unbelievers, and prepared
       for them a Blaze,
therein to dwell for ever; they shall find
     neither protector nor helper."

The Koran, The Confederates:56-65

"I never felt that the words were really important.  The true guru is
within.  And Maharajji was a manifestation that I needed to see in order to
understand that truth."

Miracle of Love, p. 59

at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-nontech.