Could this be true ?

CNN using 1991 footage of Palestinians  celebrating the invasion of Kuwait

Brazil
By Márcio A. V. Carvalho

 All around the world we are subjected to 3 or 4 huge news > distributors,
and one of them - as you well know - is CNN. Very well,  I guess all of you
have been seeing (just as I've been) images from  this company. In
particular, one set of images called my attention:

the Palestinians celebrating the bombing, out on the streets, eating  some
cake and making funny faces for the camera.
Well, those images were shot back in 1991. Those are images of  Palestinians
celebrating the invasion of Kuwait! It's simply  unacceptable that a
super-power of communications as CNN uses images  which do not correspond to
the reality in talking about so serious an  issue.
A teacher of mine, here in Brazil, has videotapes recorded in 1991,  with
the very same images; he's been sending e-mails to CNN, Globo  (the major TV
network in Brazil) and newspapers, denouncing what I  myself classify as a
crime against the public opinion.
But now, think for a moment about the impact of such images. Your  people
are hurt, emotionally fragile, and this kind broadcast have  very high
possibility of causing waves of anger and rage against  Palestinians. It's
simply irresponsible to show images such as those.

---snip---

Márcio A. V. Carvalho
State University of Campinas - Brazil