Jeff and all:

The reports last night of 10 terrorists arrested in NY airports are
INCORRECT.  Only one person was arrested.  It is not certain if he had any
terrorist intentions.

It is becoming a tired story that our media has lost much of it's
journalistic integrity by tripping all over themselves trying to be "first
with the breaking story" at the expense of actually checking and double
checking facts.  The sad fact is I have heard much disinformation and
rumour presented as "confirmed" from TV and radio in the past few horrible
days.

The threat of continued attacks is very real, but spreading rumours is a
disservice to the public and is as bad as yelling "fire" in a theatre.

We have (and I pray will always have) a free press in America.  I don't
know what the answer to this problem is, but as long as journalists
continue to adhear to the dot com credo: "it's better to be first than to
be best" this won't change.