Glenn Ericson (on midrange-l) wrote:

> Microsoft announced today it will donate $5 million in cash and $5
> million in software and services to aid relief efforts in New York
> and Washington.

>From the GlaxoSmithKline intranet:

 GlaxoSmithKline is donating $1 million to New York City Public
 Private Initiatives (NYCPPI), a fund that will provide aid to
 the families of city police officers and fire rescue personnel
 who died or are still missing following the attack on the World
 Trade Center in New York.

 "Our employees have been deeply affected by the heroism of all
 the rescue workers, but particularly those who are missing or
 who lost their lives in an unselfish effort to help other
 victims," said JP Garnier, CEO. "We know this donation will be
 used to directly support the families of those police officers
 and fire rescue personnel who have been lost."

 GlaxoSmithKline employees around the world who wish to make
 donations are being directed to established charities such as
 the American Red Cross and Americares. Through its Matching
 Gifts Program, the company will match the donations of US
 employees and retirees. The company is also continuing to
 monitor the need for additional medicines, and will work with
 relief agencies to provide supplies as appropriate, if and when
 these are requested.