Evansville Airport could have handled 10 flights but only one was diverted
here.
Flight 4031 bound for Baton Rouge LA
The passengers were transferred to 2 busses chartered by the airline to take
them by ground the rest of the way.
I suspect that many planes in transit had similar arrangements.

The travelers without this type of support are probably those who ended up at
airports between flights, at airports in Canada, and whose scheduled flights
in & out of USA had to be cancelled.
US Dept of Transportation Mineta press conference saying US Commercial
Passenger & Cargo flights resuming mid day today with heightened security -
General Air (e.g. ordinary business people in Cessnas) not yet & they will
report on that later.
I suspect the inconvenience to stranded travelers, who were not in one of the
hijacked planes, is close to an end.

Pain for NYC victims continues.