From: Chris Rehm <javadisciple@earthlink.net>
> On Friday 07 September 2001 04:49 pm, Leif Svalgaard wrote:
> > From: Chris Rehm <javadisciple@earthlink.net>
> > > I disagree, there are a lot of people who know quite well what is an
> > > operating system.
> > Chris, is OS/400 an operating system?
> OS/400 includes an operating system.

Your answer shows that you
1) either do not know what OS/400 is
2) or use OS/400 as a loose term for "what comes with
the machine and is named an OS by the vendor"

News/400 Sept 2001, page 15 has this quote:
"I've been trying for years to get IBM to rename both OS/400
and SLIC to properly reflect that SLIC is the operating system
and OS/400 [which does not include SLIC] is primarily middleware",
says Frank Soltis, IBM iSeries chief scientist. Because OS/400
isn't truly an operating system, Soltis says, renaming OS/400 with
something that contains the letters "OS" doesn't clear anything up".

So, at least according to Frank, OS/400 does not include an
operating system. Now according to me it does, because I
subscribe to 2) above.