From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 11:02 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Journaling, SQL updates/inserts/deletes, and COMMIT(*NONE)

We are turning on journaling primarily for HA replication. In addition,
because of this, we are redesigning a project that captures transactions
performed on 29 of our production tables that will be sent to an Oracle
database so that their copy of our 29 tables will match the data in our
tables. So, yes, we are going to do "journal scraping". (Before the
decision to journal, the design was to use database triggers on these 29
tables, data queues, and "history tables" that replicated the original
tables plus three new columns.)

Going a bit OT, but not sure it merits its own thread, is there an SQL
function at v7r1 that can do the "journal scraping"? Or am I limited to
using the RCVJRNE command?

- Dan