The question of going to other target output is a different one, IMO.

Cheers
Vern

On 1/14/2017 10:45 AM, Justin Taylor wrote:
"But this is just like having O-specs in RPG - and we've gone far past that with external PRTFs, right?"

Sadly, no... :(

________________________________
From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 5:54 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Python on iSeries

Well, if you want everything about printing to be in your code - layout,
all that - sure, you CAN do that like this, it seems. But this is just
like having O-specs in RPG - and we've gone far past that with external
PRTFs, right?

Personally I would never want to write what you show here. But then I'm
not knowledgeable in Python, and others can speak to how good an idea
this is.

I think there has been talk here about creating RPG output using Python
- that would seem a better way, IF one MUST!

Cheers
Vern