Does your project REQUIRE a client side SSL certificate as well as a
service side certificate?

You most likely will, at the very least, have to import the CAs in the
chain from the Wintel server certificate.

Machine types don't matter. IBM i, linux, wintel, etc... they all do SSL
the same. The first step is to find out what you need for your project:

1. Just a server side certificate (on the Wintel machine)

or

2. A server side AND a client side certificate (I'm not referring to a CA
here, an actual client side certificate). In this case, normally the
admins of the server create this client cert for you to import and assign
to your application so it's used in the communications.

I have an article about using client side certificates with our GETURI
software, but it also applies to any client doing sockets over SSL that
requires a client side cert:
http://www.fieldexit.com/forum/display?threadid=297

Brad
www.bvstools.com

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Alasdair Simpson <