From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 7:16 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: QNTC file system requires digital signing.

Due to increased corporate security requirements, like password must contain
three out of the four categories: Upper case, lower case, number, special
character; we switched to QPWDLVL 3. The scars have healed but I'm thinking
we also were having an issue connecting to QNTC.

Here is one big issue that is sporadic with QNTC and you have to be
extremely careful and why we avoid QNTC like the plague.
Let's say your IBM i is going to /QNTC/MYPC/MYSHARE However on MYPC someone
else built a share called IMALITTLEGUYBUTICOMPENSATEBYCREATINGBIGSHARENAMES.
Now you're thinking "Hey, I'm not using that so what do I care?" Wrong!
Just the mere existence of that share will cause sporadic issues connecting
to /QNTC/MYPC/MYSHARE. It's a known issue and I've submitted a RFE that IBM
needs to support longer share names. But this issue should have been
hitting you prior to the upgrade to 7.3.

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E