Thank you. That was really good. An actual discussion on why some people
went back to replication.

In the webinar I attended they mentioned something about a bandwidth
study. At first I thought since we are already doing replication wouldn't
that be a good enough indicator. Apparently it isn't, as you've said,
it's different. Hopefully the study is not so difficult that no one can
complete it 100%. I swear some of these studies are that way so the
vendor can always say you didn't fully complete the study so their butt is
covered.

It seems like it's more setup to get it to replicate stuff in *SYSBAS like
password changes. But maybe it's just the way I'm used to doing things.

And it sounds like I would need to move some stuff around. For example,
if my ERP key is stored in KEYTABLE in ERPSCHEMA in replication software I
just tell it to omit that table. In PowerHA I would have to move KEYTABLE
out of ERPSCHEMA and into some other schema not in that iasp. True? And
hope the ERP software doesn't have an issue with that.

Since we want to be able to do backups (with the ability to restore
individual objects) from our backup machines and not interrupt processing
on the primary then I think using PowerHA on the hosting lpars only to
replicate all the storage spaces is out of the question. I think this was
heading down that trail you mentioned about everything having to be
virtualized. That, and staggering OS upgrades to where we upgrade the
backup first then the primary.

Does one carve up, on the guest, hosted disk in between *SYSBAS and IASPs?