Le 31/10/2016 à 15:39, Steinmetz, Paul a écrit :
I found an issue with running the recovery reports via STRMNTBRM.

Print recovery reports . . . . . PRTRCYRPT *ALL

Even after changing the command default
CHGCMDDFT CMD(QBRM/STRRCYBRM) NEWDFT('USEDUPMED(*YES)')

STRRCYBRM is still running as 'USEDUPMED(*NO)')

Did you try to change the default of QSYS/STRRCYBRM which is a proxy for QBRM/STRRCYBRM command ?

However, in my opinion, you should not change any command default as they will be set back to the original value at any release upgrade and also often through a PTF activity. You should better use command analyzer change exit program.
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_61/apis/xcachg.htm

This is causing my recovery report to be inaccurate, referencing older BRMS volumes instead of current.

If I run the recovery report directly, STRRCYBRM, command default is used, 'USEDUPMED(*YES), report is accurate.

Opening a PMR with IBM for this issue.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2016 2:37 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: BRMS recovery report questions/issues

Rob and Marc,

You both hit the nail on the head.
USEDUPMED defaults to *NO.
I changed it to *YES, all old volumes disappeared from the report.
However, I run the recovery report via STRMNTBRM.
When run this way, you lose the ability to change USEDUPMED from *NO to *YES.

I may have to :
CHGCMDDFT CMD(QBRM/STRRCYBRM) NEWDFT('USEDUPMED(*YES)')

SHWDLTLIB only became available with V7R2.
I'm not seeing that option with V7R1.

Paul