I have just changed our very old communications program from X.24 to IP. I am still communicating with the same Point of Sale terminals. These terminals use a parity bit. 1200baud 7E1.

Does anyone have a good translation table I can reference? Here is what I am doing for the conversion:

* ASCII code page structure - DEFAULT 00813
d qascii ds 32
d asciicp 9b 0 inz(00813)
d asciica 9b 0 inz(0)
d asciisa 9b 0 inz(0)
d asciiss 9b 0 inz(1)
d asciiil 9b 0 inz(0)
d asciieo 9b 0 inz(1)
d asciir 8a inz(*allx'00')

* EBCDIC code page structure - DEFAULT 00037
d qebcdic ds 32
d ebcdiccp 9b 0 inz(00037)
d ebcdicca 9b 0 inz(0)
d ebcdicsa 9b 0 inz(0)
d ebcdicss 9b 0 inz(1)
d ebcdicil 9b 0 inz(0)
d ebcdiceo 9b 0 inz(1)
d ebcdicr 8a inz(*allx'00')

eval toascii = iconvopen(p_qascii:
p_qebcdic)

eval toebcdic = iconvopen(p_qebcdic:
p_qascii)

eval rc = iconv(toascii:
%addr(p_inbuff):
p_inbytes:
%addr(p_outbuff):
p_outbytes)

eval rc = iconv(toebcdic:
%addr(p_inbuff):
p_inbytes:
%addr(p_outbuff):
p_outbytes)
There seems to be some issues as currently the service provider that I communicate with is stripping the parity before sending the packet to me and then adding it back when send the response back to the POS terminal. I would love to get rid of the parity manipulation by them but I need a good code page conversion. What would the ASCII value be that handles ASCII with Parity? 813 is not working correctly.
--
Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services

707.665.2100, ext. 1102 - 707.793.5700 FAX
chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
www.cross-check.com<../../../../jj/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Signatures/www.cross-check.com>
Notice of Confidentiality: This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by e-mail (by replying to this message) or telephone (noted above) and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof. Thank you for your cooperation with respect to this matter.