Scott,

Thank you very much for your excellent explanation

Regards

Jan

Am 14.10.2016 um 21:17 schrieb Scott Klement:
Jan,

Correct, the o_ccsid option specifies the CCSID of your program, NOT the file data. So o_ccsid=0 means the program uses the job's CCSID, if the file is UTF-8, it will translate from UTF-8 to the job CCSID when reading. Or translate the opposite direction when writing.

If you said o_ccsid=1208, then it thinks that your program's data (emphasize: your program) is in UTF-8. If the file is also UTF-8, no translation would occur. (So that is not what you want for this situation.)

-SK