AFAIK, Query Manager has never supported multiple statements...

Are you actually using RUNSQLSTM?

Charles

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Jim Hawkins <jhawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have a Query Manager SQL process with several statements that runs as
part of a nightly process. This has been in place for years (I think it was
written 2 or 3 of my predecessors ago) (however it has been modified
annually to update internal hard coded dates--but that was done in
January--).

Over the weekend it started blowing up with SQL0104 error "Token ; was not
valid. Valid tokens: <END-OF-STATEMENT>. "

Here are the first few lines of process:

0001.00
0002.00 --Setup Work File in Qtemp to hold new jobs invoices
0003.00
0004.00 Create table Qtemp/JobInvWk01
0005.00 (Job_No Char( 15 ) );
0006.00
0007.00 --Get Jobs already Invoiced
0008.00
0009.00 insert into qtemp/JobInvWk01
0010.00 select distinct job_No
0011.00 from salelib/saletotal;
0012.00

The indication appears to be the semicolon on the create table statement.
If I remove that semicolon, I get SQL0199 "Keyword INSERT not expected.
Valid tokens: IN ON NOT DATA LONG OBID UNIT WITH INDEX VALUE APPEND
RCDFMT."
(that really didn't come as a surprise.)

Note: We have not made a recent changes to the system (PTF's etc.) and this
code was not recently modified.
So I am perplexed at what is up with this. Why would it suddenly take a
dislike to the semicolon?

I am fairly sure that one of you fine folks can take a quick look at this
and will say "you need to do...."

TIA

Regards,

Jim Hawkins