On 17-Oct-2016 07:31 -0500, Maassel, John R. wrote:
There is a reorg job on our dev box (i 7.2) that's been running for
a 5 days. It's been on the IDX- stage on one index for almost 4
days. This is a rather large file, containing a billion records and
11 access paths. It's stuck on #4.

It doesn't appear that the system is working on it. This is the
only task the machine had all weekend and it's still right where it
was when I left on Friday. CPU utilization for this job is 0.7% and
overall CPU is 2-3%. I checked disk stats and they're only 3% busy,
so I don't see a bottleneck.

What about storage utilization for the system and the owner of the files?

Unfortunately, it was submitted with "Allow Cancel = NO" so I don't
think we can stop it.

The ALWCANCEL(*NO) does not mean the job can not be canceled; the meaning is that the effects are to reset the file to original state and all access paths rebuilt. *However* as I recall, as described, the noted Reorganize Physical File Member (RGZPFM) request is already /done/ with the physical data part, so the file should instead be left in the new-state, but all access paths will still be rebuilt.

The data is accessible presently? For example, DSPPFM or RUNQRY [or SQL SELECT without any ordering or selection against the file works fine versus an unable to allocate?

I reorganized it last month on 6.1 and it only took 3 days.

Is there a way we can make it hurry up? What should I check into?

If there is an actual problem with the file.data or LIC Database Index feature, probably little can be done. Otherwise, changing the Run Priority (RUNPTY) to eleven or ten could assist if the issue is perhaps just an issue with how the system resources are being managed; as in some reason the system thinks that job needs to be tempered -- that would seem improbable.

I would collect a few Dump Job Internal (DMPJOBINT) and Display Job (DSPJOB) requests [from submitted jobs], the pair of requests made over some several ¿ten? minute gaps as something for development to review if there is not going to be a PMR and remote session to review the situation.