On 14-Oct-2016 12:47 -0500, dlclark wrote:
On 14-Oct-2016 12:25 -0500, CRPence wrote:
The duplicate key exception logged by the database feature [i.e.
to be clear, separate from the effective equivalent SQL/message/
sqlcode in response to the DB messaging] states what file; just
review that prior message for the message data that would
conclusively reveal that the wrong file was referenced with an
implication almost surely an existing but incorrect query Open Data
Path (ODP) was accessed.

Insufficient. Because, the message only indicates the file/table
name. It does not indicate the library. The file/table name shown
is as expected but this same name exists in every data library.

Then that would most likely is not the message to which I refer. What message? Maybe I can suggest a means to /correct/ that.

Can you produce an example of DDL and a program doing [apparently an INSERT?] that forces the duplicate-key problem; to be sure, that need not be a re-create of the actual presumed-to-be wrong-ODP scenario, just the identical issue/messaging of duplicate-key. Then I could look into how to get the info.

I wonder if perhaps the error is diagnosed for a CONSTRAINT, PRIMARY or UNIQUE rather than an INDEX or unique keyed Logical File? Likely that they all have the /same name/ across the libraries, so their name alone is not helpful. That may be part of the difference from what I am expecting, but still, with a re-create I could investigate for possibilities.