You could convert the spool file to a PDF maybe and then edit the PDF to remove all but the first page?

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Oct 12, 2016, at 5:54 PM, Stone, Joel <Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Buck - SQL should do the trick!

Many files are indeed *AFPDS.

DSPSPLF works great with *AFPDS files.

Unfortunately that type of spool file apparently doesn't allow a CPYSPLF to get it into a PF.

Any ideas how to get an image of the spool file into a PF? I would like to produce a list of all print files, along with a sample first page. So users can see the document and decide if they want it via email or PDF.

Fyi: doing inventory of all spool files to eliminate Iseries style printers on corporate campus, and go to emails or PDF printing on shared printer/copy machines.

Thanks!