I don't see anything out of the ordinary in any of the Tomcat log files.

I saw that I can override the umask. I just need to find the value to use.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Kingsley [mailto:iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2016 4:52 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: umask: 001-2111 File mode 0027 is not valid.

Justin, maybe the startup files on V7 are different than on V8. Here are a couple of links that maybe might help in setting the proper umask when and where you need it. Have you looked at any of the logs outside of what is being created in the spooled files.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ibmi/library/i-run-asf-tomcat-on-ibmi/

http://onjavadev.com/?p=23

Maybe you have some modified programs at startup that are being used for V7 and not for V8.

I found this as well:

In Tomcat 8.5, this is controlled with the environment variable UMASK. If this variable is not set when Tomcat is started, then Tomcat will set the umask to 0027, so that files have the permissions (rw-r-----). You can see this logic for this in Tomcat's bin/catalina.sh file.