This is weird.

I've got a CL program that runs RUNSQLSTM on a member containing code to generate a view with the same name as the member. And at the end, to ensure that the view has the same authorities as its based-on PF, I've got the statement:

GRTOBJAUT OBJ(&LIB/&MBRNAME) OBJTYPE(*FILE) +
REFOBJ(&LIB/&PFNAME)

where &LIB is the library, &MBRNAME is the name of both the member and the SQL View that member generates, and &PFNAME is the name of the based-on PF.

The program has been in service for years, and this particular statement for a year and a half, without any problems.

And yet recently, it's been going into a lock wait, and then throwing a chain of exceptions:
File FOO in library BAR in use.
Function not done for user profile BAZ.
One or more errors occurred during processing of command.
CPF2227 received by PLUGH at 7500. (C D I R)

(FOO being the SQL View we just created) And yet, WRKOBJLCK doesn't find any locks on FOO.

Anybody have any idea what could cause that?

--
JHHL