From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2016 3:27 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: V7R2 OS Upgrade - Work with licensed programs for target release questions

Define "did not work". Might it have had anything to do with the fact that when IBM upgraded from 6.1 to 7.1 they kept java at 6.1 and continued to call it 5761JV1 but when they upgraded to 7.2 they started calling it 5770JV1?

Do you see 5761JV1 or 5770JV1 at ESS for 7.2?
Do you see 5761JV1 or 5770JV1 on the 7.2 "Media Labels and their contents"
at
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzahc/rzaskMediaContent.htm

You just may want to consider outsourcing your upgrade. We all have our strengths. Our network guy throws a bolo if I get anywhere near one of his routers. It sounds like you're very busy and digging down into the minutia is not something you have the time for.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755