Systems Monitors, that's a start.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vernon Hamberg [mailto:vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2016 6:01 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Is Management Central dead? Was: disabling QSECOFR profile

About monitors - go to this link - introduced at 7.3

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/7.3%20Content%20and%20Changes

There are enhancements mentioned to system monitors - so they have been around for awhile - and there is a dashboard now for stuff that the monitors showed - so we have to keep looking at developerworks especially and say that something is not here - and stuff that is introduced at some release often gets back-released in a little while.

There is also a *Display PTF Apply Information item - I'm sure it isn't the full-blown support that is in MGTC, but work is being done for something, it seems.

Also from a site at DW - the following at 7.2 - I se monitors, I see mention of PTFs under configuration and service - I don't know to what extent.

*The IBM team do know what was there, and I think they are dedicated to equivalent or near-equivalent functionality - and how long did it take for iSeries Access to have all that stuff? A "couple" year, methinks.

Forward to the future!

nRev!

The IBM Navigator for i console contains the following task
categories for IBM i management in V7R2.

Note: These categories are similar to those that you see within the System i Navigator client application.

*

*Target systems and groups*(Target systems, System groups)

*

*Favorites*(Your personal favorites are shown here)

*

*System*(System status, System operator messages, History log,
Search, Disk status, Emulation, Change password, Application
Administration, and more.)

*

*Monitors*(System monitors, Message monitors)

*

*Basic operations*(Messages, Printers, Printer output, and more.)

*

*Work management*(Active jobs, Server jobs, Output queues, Active
subsystems, and more.)

*

*Configuration and service*(System values, Time management, Disk
units, Disk pools, Software, Program Temporary Fixes (PTFs), and more.)

*

*Network*(TCP/IP configuration, Servers, Remote Access Services, IP
Policies, Enterprise Identity Mapping (EIM), and more.)

*

*Integrated server administration*(Virtual storage, Servers,
Domains, and more.)

*

*Security*(Authorization lists, Cryptographic services key
management, Intrusion detection, and more.)

*

*Users and groups*(Users, Create users, Groups, and more.)

*

*Databases*(Performance monitors, Health center, Databases, and more.)

*

*Journal management*(Journals, Create a journal, Manage journals,
and more.)

*

*Performance*(Investigate data and collections, and more.)

*

*File systems*(Integrated file system, File shares, Create file
share, Edit files, Download and upload files, and more.)

*

*Internet configurations*(IBM Web Administration for i, Digital
certificate manager, IBM IPP Server for i, and more.)