Rob

That statement was in response to Roberto's comment which I took to
mean making a copy of the OS from the "working" machine.

I'm familiar with burning ISOs to optical media, though admittedly
I've mostly only done so to make install disks for Windows and various
flavours of Linux - I don't see this being much different. Windows 7
even has a built in utility for ripping the ISO to a bootable disc.

The reason that I'm holding off doing so is concern that, if I just
burn an I_Base disc and blindly D from it on the "toast" machine, I
might risk inadvertently wiping the keys that I'm trying to recover.
Previous comments that the drives are read-only when you do a D IPL
argue against that, but I still feel like I should do some more
reading before attempting it, so that I at least have some kind of a
roadmap for what I'm proposing to do and what I should expect to see
while doing it.

WRKOPTVOL is new to me, but you can rest assured that I'll read up on
it. At this stage, though, it seems more relevant to the "working"
machine than the "toast" machine.

Thanks
Robert