Here is the CLP:
PGM

DCL VAR(&JOB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL VAR(&TYPE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1)
DCL VAR(&JOBNAME) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) +
VALUE('BBAGENT')
/* had tried generic CPF0000 here with EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(BATCH)) and it did not capture the error */

RTVJOBA JOB(&JOB) TYPE(&TYPE)

IF COND((&TYPE = '0') *AND (&JOB = &JOBNAME)) +
THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(BATCH))
SBMJOB CMD(CALL PGM(CUSTOM/BBCSTART)) JOB(&JOBNAME) +
JOBD(CUSTOM/BBAGENT) JOBQ(*LIBL/SERVER) +
PRTDEV(*JOBD) OUTQ(*JOBD) USER(*JOBD) +
PRTTXT(*JOBD) SYSLIBL(*SYSVAL) +
CURLIB(CUSTOM) INLLIBL(*JOBD) +
DSPSBMJOB(*NO) MSGQ(QSYSOPR)
GOTO CMDLBL(ENDPGM)
BATCH:
JAVA CLASS('com.shenmfg.AS400BBAgent') +
PARM('/usr/bin/bb/java/server.properties') +
CLASSPATH('/usr/bin/bb/java/bbas400.jar:/us+
r/bin/bb/java/jt400.jar') JOB(BBAGENTJVA) +
OUTPUT(*PRINT)
MONMSG MSGID(JVA0122) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(BATCH)) <<--- added this and it works. CPF does not compile if here

ENDPGM: ENDPGM

--
Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services