From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 4:45 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Changing IP addresses

Booth, there is a difference between a "client" and a "server". A client
typically uses DHCP and can change it's IP address on a whim. A server is
normally hardcoded to an IP address.

On IBM i you have this thing called CFGTCP. Option 1. Work with TCP/IP
interfaces. A basic system may just have one (not counting the local
loopback). A system with numerous websites, Domino servers, etc could
have any number. For example:
Internet
Address
10.17.6.34
10.17.6.35
10.17.6.36
10.17.6.37
10.17.6.38
10.17.6.39
10.17.6.40
10.17.6.41
10.17.6.48
127.0.0.1

If you want more examples please check out the supplied link at:
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Change_IP_Address
Change IP Address - MidrangeWiki<http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Change_IP_Address>
wiki.midrange.com
Changing IP Addresses . Sometimes one has to change the IP Address on an i5. Could be a relocation or whatever. There are several places to remember to check.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com
Dekko | Innovative Leader Providing Manufacturing Solutions<http://www.dekko.com/>
www.dekko.com
Dekko is your trusted electrical solutions partner focused on power and data systems, LED lighting solutions, and electrical components and assemblies.