On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 14:01 -0500, John McKee wrote:
I encountered that same type of error in 1993. Was not on IBM i. I think
it was DOS. Trying to install software. Silly thing was attempting to
compute remaining disk space. I don't remember the numbers. but, the logic
that generated the error message just could not handle the big disk (for
the time) that was installed. Apparently saw a zero at some position from
the left and ignored the other digits to the left of that. Amazing, to me,
that this type of foolishness is still going on. I see it on web pages
where version number of browser is considered as unsupported because x.4 is
less than x.44. For this to happen on the i is just strange. But, of
course, everybody knows THAT.

Not just dos. An old version of Photoshop (7 as I recall) calculated
free space before installing... however as the install directory was on
a mapped network share (1) with TiB's of free space it said there was
not enough space to install.

John McKee

Jon.

(1) I run Linux, so have to have an XP virtual box to run just
Photoshop, Canon DPP, and WDSC7 so its "disk file" was not very large
(at the time)... hence installing to a mapped network drive at the time.