crashed. Job log does not say why, just that they crashed. . Called the
program directly I and it runs fine. My only guess is that program name is
not QP0ZSPWP or QP0ZSPWT.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. <
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think a submit job will pick up a PJ entry.

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Alan Campin <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: -----
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Alan Campin <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/16/2016 01:39PM
Subject: Re: Re: Prestart jobs... how does it work ?

This is interesting stuff. According to what I know the only way to use a
pre-start job is with Spawn but the manual for ADDPJE implies that if you
create a pre-start job entry with a given name and if you submit a job to
the job queue attached to that subsystem that it will use the program name
you submitted to lookup and if it finds it in the pre-start list that it
will use the pre-start job.

I am not sure that would help you with the problem we started out
discussing. You still have to have some way of submitting jobs and you have
to manage starting additional jobs and ending jobs that are not needed.
Technically you could have one job waiting for requests and then do a
submit job to process it but that would be very expensive because every
time the job starts running it has to load everything. When done
processing, everything gets dumped.

If I get some time, I will see if I can test to see if a submit job will
cause to use pre-start job.