Le 13/09/2016 à 16:33, Steinmetz, Paul a écrit :
22 5733OPS PTFs applied.

I need advice on special instructions included with SI59978.
Which option should be run, 1, 2, or 3?

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM FIXED FOR APAR SE64317 :
The PTF installs Cloud-Init into 5733OPS option 9. It also ships
the scripts for downloading and installing the dependencies that
Cloud-Init needs for running.
CORRECTION FOR APAR SE64317 :
-----------------------------
After installing this PTF, one of the below commands should be
run for a completeness of Cloud-Init enablement.
1.
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/cloudinit/install/cloud-init-setup.s
h -download_and_install - Download and install the
dependencies. Do this when your IBM i is connecting to the
internet
2.
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/cloudinit/install/cloud-init-setup.s
h -download_only - Do this when you only want to download all
the dependencies.
3.
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/cloudinit/install/cloud-init-setup.s
h -install_only - Only install the dependencies. Do this when
you have already downloaded the dependencies to
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/cloudinit/install

Paul

There is also the option not to do anything, except if you want to set up the partition so that it can be captured by PowerVC.
Cloud-Init stuff is used when PowerVC deploys a partition based on a captured image, in a cloud environment. It runs after the deployment to perform specific configuration tasks, which are not covered by PowerVC.
PowerVC is expected to

* create the partition on the server
* update the VIOS to take care of this new partition
* create the volumes on the external storage device
* create the host configuration on the external storage device and
link it to the new volumes
* create the appropriate zoning in the SAN switches between the server
and the storage device
* perform a flashcopy from the image volumes to the new partition volumes
* activate the partition.

I do not see any reason to follow the cover letter if you are not in this situation.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/IBM%20Power%20Virtualization%20Center%20(PowerVC)%20for%20IBM%20i

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/Cloud-Init%20Support

This last document tries to explain how to do with the required RPMs if the partition cannot connect to internet.