From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 15:43
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Replace command processor

There's no shortcut. You'll need to write code for every command
anyway, whether you run a Man In The Middle command processor, replace
QCMDEXEC (and its S/38 equivalent), or modify the system entry point
table.

I wouldn't recommend copying every command into a library above
QSYS. OS upgrades become very painful. And by upgrade, I also mean PTFs.

If I were tasked with this, I'd write a code generator that would:
DSPOBJD *ALL/*ALL *CMD
Pass through that list
Generate stub code to create the exit program for each command
Register each command
Test each command to make sure it still works
- a test suite will be invaluable

You could keep up to date with new commands by running this generator
periodically. If that seems like a lot of work, consider that the
system architecture is intentionally designed to make this design
pattern difficult to implement.

--
--buck

Visit wiki.midrange.com and register for an account. Edit a page that
helps you, and because it's public, you'll help someone else, too!