On 8/11/2016 2:16 PM, CRPence wrote:
On 11-Aug-2016 12:21 -0500, Kevin Adler wrote:
Ok, so you have a 32-bit only Mac.

Apparently, I was wrong and the app that gets built is 64-bit only:

<key>LSMinimumSystemVersionByArchitecture</key>
<dict>
<key>x86_64</key>
<string>10.6</string>
</dict>

$ file MacOS/Application\ Stub
MacOS/Application Stub: Mach-O 64-bit x86_64 executable

And also looks like the same with the application launcher:

$ file Start_Programs/Mac_i386-32_x86-64/acslaunch_mac
Start_Programs/Mac_i386-32_x86-64/acslaunch_mac: Mach-O 64-bit
x86_64 executable

Hmm. OK. Does that indicate I should not use the application; that
doing so might interfere with my ability to use my system, such as
perhaps locking-up or otherwise crashing the system.? Or perhaps
instead that I might merely encounter minor inconveniences when things
do not function correctly, but typically identified as "not supported"
rather than application [component] crashes or mysteriously
ignored-requests or never-appearing output.?

The double-clicking on the .app giving an effective "unsupported"
error seems innocuous enough, but I have yet to try anything beyond
getting to the Welcome screen after launching the acsbundle.jar so some
confirmation about the safety of actually attempting to use the function
presented would be appreciated; or perhaps instead, if I should probably
just uninstall.

I don't know a thing about Macs, but it is my understanding that the
various 'launchers' are mere helpers to make it easier to run the
underlying Java program. When ACS first came out I wrote up a DOS .BAT
file that looks like this (all one line):

java -Xmx1024m -jar
X:\Software\IBM_i_Access_Client_Solutions\acsbundle.jar /PLUGIN=5250
/SYSTEM=my.ibmi.system /wide=1 /name=BUCK

Where I'm going is this: If your system can run Java, you can ignore the
IBM-provided 'launcher' and launch it yourself via whatever scripting
language Macs have available. This .jar file works on my 32-bit Windows
machine.