On 08-Aug-2016 12:50 -0500, Justin Taylor wrote:
On 08-Aug-2016 12:04 -0500, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
On 08-Aug-2016 11:39 -0500, Justin Taylor wrote:
I'm training a new person to do PTF's using FixCentral. Something
went awry, and he started to download 185 GB of PTF's. We stopped
the download, but I now need to find where those PTF's went. Our
disk usage is up 1 GB since 8am, so I assume they're on DASD
somewhere. How do I locate them so they can be removed?

If they downloaded to the IBM i instance then they are most likely
save files in QGPL. […]

We do PTF's as virtual optional images, so accumulating SAVF's isn't
normally a problem.

I found the SAVF's right where you said. Thanks so much!

The Display PTF (DSPPTF) command used to output *ALL PTF information should enable formulating a query of the data in that output file, to reveal any PTFs likely to have originated from the canceled order. In this example query, by omission of PTFs with the typical status values for completed work; mostly because I would not know which specific status-values are inclusive of anything like on-order or save-file-only to identify what might be considered incomplete work:

select *
from dspptf_outfile
where SCSTATUS not in
( 'Temporarily applied', 'Permanently applied'
, 'Temporarily removed', 'Superseded' )

I suspect that most of the PTFs listed by the above query would have a status something like 'Save file only', for which the presumed likely to be desirable recovery may be as simple as:

DLTPTF PTF(*SAVFONLY) LICPGM(*ALL)
RLS(*ALL) DLTDUPPTF(*YES)

[https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/cl/dltptf.htm]
"…
*SAVFONLY
All PTFs for the specified product with a status of Save File Only are deleted.
…"

If however there are some PTFs with that save-file-only status, for which the effect of DLTPTF may not be desirable [e.g. there might exist any other\prior PTF save files purposely obtained outside-of\before that canceled download], a query could be formulated to include PTFs according to the Status Data [and Status Time] to achieve selection more specific to the [time-frame of the work performed for the] canceled request. The query could formulate a string expression with a result that defines each specific DLTPTF request from the data in the file; then the output from such a query could be run as an interpreted script or as a compiled CLP, or passed to a User Defined Function (UDF) that implements a call to a CL command interpreter to directly perform a per-PTF deletion rather than using the quite\overly generic deletions using the special-value of *ALL. An example of such a string expression, derived from the data in a DSPPTF output file [model file QADSPPTF with rcdfmt:QSCPTF]:

'DLTPTF PTF(' concat SCPTFID concat ') LICPGM('
concat SCPPID concat ') RLS(' concat SCTGTV concat ')'

Or there could be other PTF save files that might be worth deleting, and if assured none are there purposely, then changing the special value to *ALL from *SAVFONLY for the PTF() parameter might be done on that invocation; or on as a second invocation, perhaps only after reviewing what PTF save files remain after the first request ran to delete only those with save-file-only status -- and is effectively what Rob suggested in his first reply:

DLTPTF PTF(*ALL) LICPGM(*ALL)
RLS(*ALL) DLTDUPPTF(*YES)