On 05-Aug-2016 16:23 -0500, Tyler, Matt wrote:
<<SNIP>> The error returned is "SQL0204 X in Y type *FILE not found."
Which is what we get when we use *SQL naming but we have changed that
setting and still get this message.

The sqlcode -204 and associated text diagnose a condition, irrespective of the naming option. What was the table-reference specified in the failing statement is what might be impacted by the naming option.

From what is shown, the implication is that either Y/X had been specified as the qualified name for the table-reference on the statement or the unqualified table-reference of X in an environment wherein SCHEMA Y was established as the CURRENT SCHEMA. I suspect possibly instead [for lack of the actual statement] that the actual error may have been redacted for some reason [as if failing to obfuscate the schema and table names might have revealed something of a proprietary nature].

If that was not the actual message [replacement] text, then show the actual table-reference from the statement issued, and the actual error message details effected; or at least consistently replace any user-name, schema-name, and table-name consistently across any examples of failing or successful requests.

If we query using SCHEMA.TABLE notation we get results. <<SNIP>>

So is that to suggest that specifying Y.X as the table-reference was successful, but the specifying Y/X as the table-reference was not.? That would indeed, be a frustrating effect.