Hmm...interesting...

Never seen that functionality before...

You could probably ask the vendor for some sample code.

Charles

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Michael Schutte <mschutte369@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I'd be interested in know about to put that FA attribute or even be able to
read it.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Michael Schutte <mschutte369@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thank you,

I was reading this from the LXE pdf.

IBM 5250
5250 LXE Commands

Input Device ID (*K)

The input device ID feature provides the host application developer with
the ability to determine which LXE mobile client user
input device and which barcode symbology was utilized to enter data in
any
field on the screen. When the 5250 host application
is programmed to request this data from the mobile client, and when the
input device ID feature is enabled at the client, the
client sends this information to the 5250 host emulation. This feature
can
be used with the match field edit and scan and
increment features, in addition to normal user input.

This feature is useful to monitor the use of automatic input devices to
enforce the practice of not using the keyboard or keypad
as an input device.

Description
There are two major components to this feature:

- The input ID field identifies the field that follows as an operator
input field.
- The operator input field is the area on the screen where
information is returned to the host application.

Input ID Field
The input ID field:

- must be preceded by a field attribute (FA) that designates the
input ID field as unprotected (operator input capable).
- is designated with an * (asterisk) as the first character and a K
as the second character.
- can have any display attribute including non-display.
- does not have to be on the same line as the operator input field,
but it must be the first input field to precede it.
- cannot have any input fields defined on the screen map between it
and its associated operator input field.
- must have the Modified Data Tag (MDT) set by the host application
so it will return to the host when [Enter] is pressed.
- behaves exactly the same as any protected field on the LXE client
device.

Terminal Operation
When the input ID feature is enabled in client setup, the RFTerm 5250
terminal emulation modifies the input ID field to behave
as if it has the Bypass (protected) field attribute. The user can place
the cursor in the input ID field with the arrow keys, but
input is not allowed. If the user attempts input in this field, an error
message will appear indicating that the field is protected. If
the input ID feature is not enabled at the client device, RFTerm will
treat input ID fields as normal input fields.

http://www.viivakoodi.fi/assets/catalog/parts/LXE/Datasheets/MX3plus/
RFTermReferenceGuide.pdf

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>