Symbolic links don't work in chroot/jail environments.

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Yes but why an NFS mount as opposed to a symbolic link? I don't get the
why
here. All that does is send the data through a bunch of plumbing it
would
not ordinarily need to go through.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Aaron
Bartell
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 7:07 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Explanation of NFS and other similar features/tools

Thanks for those notes. Your scenario is from one LPAR to another and uses
the VLan to get the best performance. My scenario/need is a mount done on
the ~same~ LPAR. I use LOCALHOST and I am guessing that is as fast or
faster, would you agree?

Example of ADDMFS I use:

ADDMFS TYPE(*NFS) MFS('LOCALHOST:/QOpenSys/dir1')
MNTOVRDIR('/QOpenSys/dir2')

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 9:30 PM, Jim Oberholtzer <
midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

First make sure the IP scheme used is for the internal Vlan only. I
like to use wild things like 192.1.1.1. I'll set the address up so
the third octet is the vlan that is set up on the HMC and the fourth
octet is the partition number of the partition. So a vlan on
partition three, vlan four would be 192.1.3.4.

Set up the routes so they specify the internal adapters. Since that is
theoretically a routable address you don't want it getting out into
the WAN although I highly doubt it would get past the WAN router.

Set up the frames to use jumbo frames.

There's more but those are the basics.