Oy! Well said, Rob!

Matt keeps refusing to stop looking at LUW in order to find support for SQL on IBM i - then calls anything that is not the same a deficiency.

Your suggestion, Rob, to submit a single-issue RFE is on point - that general requirement has been discussed enough with IBM, and parity just is not going to happen - it really should not! For several good reasons, including differences on the platforms. I mean, why isn't he asking for parity with the Z flavor?

There are usually workarounds - I did a quick Google (LMGTFMatt) that had this hit from 10 years ago:

http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg052406-story02.html

There is a sample there of an SQL function that can use an API the system has had for at least 10 years.

An RFE to ask for might be to add to the system services

OK, enough - vacation tomorrow!

Cheers
Vern