I'd disagree...

On both IBM i and Linnux, MOUNT is used to mount both local and remote file
systems.

Linux mount supports both NFS and SMB as protocols for remote file systems.

IBM i mount supports just NFS. SMB support is provided by the QNTC file
system.

So the difference you saw wasn't IBM i vs Linux mount, but local vs remote.

Charles

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx>