Thank you Jim ...

Reply or Forwarded mail from: Kenneth E Graap

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2016 7:31 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: [External]RE: Backup to DISK using BRMS

OK a bit of a vendor response without wanting to be too blatant:

SPHiNX will emulate a 3584 tape library (up to four libraries with 32 tape devices at one time) and has both internal and external storage capabilities. You can hang unlimited storage on it with an external SAN and 35TB internal. It supports Fibre and SAS.

Because it emulates a 3584 tape library any of the IBM supported operating environments already have IBM drivers for it (IBM i , AIX, and Z/OS) and most of the Linux and Windows worlds have IBM supplied drivers as well, so that means it can be used in almost any environment.

If you connect to the SPHiNX via Fibre then of course via the Fibre switch it can connect to just about anything and multiple hosts can back up at one time. SPHiNX has built in encryption and replication.

There is much more but I limited it to what might be interesting for an IBM I shop. Obviously I would encourage you to contact me privately if you want more information. Also there are other vendors that do much the same thing, I've just found this one to be the simplest to set up and manage while still being cost effective.

Larry Bolhuis (aka: Dr. Franken) uses SPHiNX as well and every COMMON Annual Meeting has use SPHiNX for backup at the conference for several years.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects