From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 9:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: New Power 8

I like the Storwize option HOWEVER one must understand the difference in type of I/O for IBM i vs Windows/Linux block file systems. As a consequence of that difference you should not mix Windows/Linux data and IBM i Data on the Same Drives on the SAN. They can be in the same drawer but dedicate some drives for IBM i and other drives for Windows/Linux.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.Frankeni.com