indicator on and update the subfile record.
Then the next time you execute the readc you will again find that subfile
record.

On July 15, 2016 at 1:07 PM "Stone, Joel" <Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: paultherrien [mailto:paultherrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2016 12:05 PM
To: Stone, Joel <Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx>; Midrange Systems Technical
Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Subfile processing question

Are you redisplaying the subfile by using an exfmt (or write and read), to
the subfile control record?

*yes*

When you fetch the subfile record, how are you fetching it? Are you chaining
with a record number? Or are you doing a readc (i am not certain what the
equivalent is in cobol).

Readc (COBOL equicalent)

It doesn't sound like you are getting the sfl record on the second try.

Correct. Any idea why not? Is it required to reset the SFL cursor to the
top prior to READC or something similar?

Thanks

On the 2nd read are you testing for 'not found' or ;end of file' on the
subfile read.