I would like to Improve R&D LPAR poor disk performance (10K spiiny) by using virtualized SSD from Production LPAR.
I've previously tested this with the below test config.

On the Production LPAR with the SSD
I created 5 NWSD, with 2 NWSTG of 100gb each attached to each, totaling about 1tb of virtualized SSD.

Pencor05 Virtuals

CRTNWSD NWSD(P061) RSRCNAME(CTL04) TYPE(*GUEST *OPSYS) PTNNBR(1) PWRCTL(*NO) TEXT('Pencor06 vSCSI 1')
Network server description P061 created.

CRTNWSSTG NWSSTG(P06CLNT1) NWSSIZE(100000) FROMNWSSTG(*NONE) FORMAT(*OPEN) OFFSET(*FORMAT) ASP(1) TEXT('P06 Disk 1')
Network server storage space P06CLNT1 created.

CRTNWSSTG NWSSTG(P06CLNT2) NWSSIZE(100000) FROMNWSSTG(*NONE) FORMAT(*OPEN) OFFSET(*FORMAT) ASP(1) TEXT('P06 Disk 2')
Network server storage space P06CLNT2 created.

On the R&D LPAR, I created user ASP 2, then added the 10 virtual disks of 100gb each, keeping the virtualized SSD in their own ASP.
By using RSTASP = 2 on the RSTLIBBRM, I am able to restore any user library to ASP 2, giving the improved performance.

A few questions.

1) How many NWSD should I create?
2) How many NWSTG should I attach to each NWSD?
3) How large should I make each NWSD at a maximum?
4) How can I move commonly used i5 libraries from the 10k spiny to the SSD victuals?
5) Any other recommendations?

This can all be done concurrently with no restricted state or IPL needed.
The only time an IPL would be needed is if you want to eliminate ASP 2, you must IPL to DST to delete ASP 2.

Thank You
_____
Paul Steinmetz
IBM i Systems Administrator