The reason most IBM shops don't use a mail router is because they don't
know they should, or don't think of the IBM i the same as they think of a
PC client when it comes to send emails.

"It's just always worked". They don't understand the path the mail takes,
why mail servers require Reverse DNS entries, and many other things.

Rarely should you send email without a mail router. To use a mail router
on the IBM i and use QtmmSendMail (or SNDDST or SNDSMTEMM?) you need to use
CHGSMTPA and set Mail Router to the mail router, firewall to *YES and if
you're on V6R1 or up, set forwarding hub server to the same as the mail
router. Any changes require a restart of the SMTP server.

There's normally more and if I recall I may have other setup at in our
MAILTOOL FAQ page at http://docs.bvstools.com. Just find MAILTOOL and the
FAQ page. It's really a cluster of a setup if you ask me.

If your mail router requires authentication, SSL, TLS or heaven forbid
OAuth 2.0, then with QtmmSendMail you may be out of luck. IBM's SMTP
system is way behind in the times for functionality.

Our MAILTOOL software will allow you to send mail no matter the mail router
or requirements. We also just created an addon to MAILTOOL that lets you
use Office 365 and OAuth 2.0 through their new Office RESTful APIs.

Office 365 SMTP servers don't allow OAuth2.0 , and never will and even
their outlook SMTP servers are deprecated and going away, and I think
Google may follow suit which means using RESTful APIs to send email... I
am seeing the beginnings of the end of SMTP server, at least for the big
boys I believe.

Contact me offline if you want more help. :)

Brad
www.bvstools.com